XML Interview Questions

XML Interview Questions

  1. What is XML?
  2. What is SGML?
  3. What is the difference between XML and HTML?
  4. Why not just carry on extending HTML?
  5. Why is XML such an important development?
  6. Describe the role that XSL can play when dynamically generating HTML pages from a relational database.
  7. Who is responsible for XML?
  8. Give a few examples of types of applications that can benefit from using XML.
  9. What is SOAP and how does it relate to XML?
  10. What is DOM and how does it relate to XML?
  11. Can you walk us through the steps necessary to parse XML documents?
  12. Using XSLT, how would you extract a specific attribute from an element in an XML document?
  13. How would you build a search engine for large volumes of XML data?
  14. What is the difference between XML and C or C++ or Java?
  15. What does an XML document actually look like (inside)?
  16. How does XML handle white-space in my documents?
  17. How can I make my existing HTML files work in XML?
  18. Is there an XML version of HTML?
  19. Which parts of an XML document are case-sensitive?
  20. Can XML use non-Latin characters?
  21. What's a Document Type Definition (DTD) and where do I get one?
  22. Does XML let me make up my own tags?
  23. How to create my own document type?
  24. How to write my own DTD?
  25. Can a root element type be explicitly declared in the DTD?
  26. How do I get XML into or out of a database?
  27. Can I encode mathematics using XML?
  28. How will XML affect my document links?
  29. Can I use JavaScript, ActiveX, etc in XML files?
  30. Can I use Java to create or manage XML files?
  31. How does XML handle metadata?
  32. How to control formatting and appearance?
  33. How to use graphics in XML?
  34. How to include one XML file in another?
  35. What is parsing and how do I do it in XML?
  36. What are the special characters in XML?
  37. Do I have to change any of my server software to work with XML?
  38. I am trying to understand the XML Spec: why does it have such difficult terminology?
  39. Can I still use server-side inclusions?
  40. How to include a conditional statement in my XML?
  41. I have to do an overview of XML for my manager/client/investor/advisor. What should I mention?
  42. What is the purpose of XML namespaces?
  43. What is an XML namespace?
  44. How do I declare an XML namespace in an XML document?
  45. Where can I declare an XML namespace?
  46. Can I use an attribute default in a DTD to declare an XML namespace?
  47. Do the default values of xmlns attributes declared in the DTD apply to the DTD?
  48. How to override an XML namespace declaration that uses a prefix?
  49. How to override a default XML namespace declaration?
  50. How do I undeclare the default XML namespace?
  51. How do different XML technologies treat XML namespace declarations?
  52. How do I use the default XML namespace to refer to element type names in an XML namespace?
  53. When should I use the default XML namespace instead of prefixes?
  54. What is the scope of an XML namespace declaration?
  55. What happens when an XML namespace declaration goes out of scope?
  56. Can multiple XML namespace declarations be in scope at the same time?
  57. How can I declare XML namespaces so that all elements and attributes are in their scope?
  58. Can I use XML namespaces in DTDs?
  59. Do XML namespace declarations apply to DTDs?
  60. Can I use qualified names in DTDs?
  61. How to construct an XML document that is valid and conforms to the XML namespaces recommendation?
  62. How to allow the prefixes in my document to be different from the prefixes in my DTD?
  63. How to create documents that use XML namespaces?
  64. Can I use the same document with both namespace-aware and namespace-unaware applications?
  65. How do applications process documents that use XML namespaces?
  66. How to use XML namespaces with SAX 1.0 and SAX 2.0?
  67. What is a qualified name?
  68. Can qualified names be used in attribute values?
  69. How are qualified names mapped to names in XML namespaces?
  70. How are universal names represented? Are universal names universally unique?
  71. What happens if there is no prefix on an element type name?
  72. What does the URI used as an XML namespace name point to?
  73. What is XPointer?
  74. How do I install the XPointer processor?
  75. What is server-side XPointer?
  76. What about non-XML resources?
  77. How do integrate XPointer into my application?
  78. How to configure an XPointer processor?
  79. How to implement an application-specific XPointer scheme?
  80. What is XLink?
  81. What are the valid values for xlink:actuate and xlink:show?
  82. What three essential components of security does the XML Signatures provide?
  83. What is XLink Markup Design?
  84. Tell me about SOAP in XML?
  85. What is XQuery?

No comments: