Resignation letter sample

Your name/address/contact details
Resignation Letter

Employer name/address
Date:
Dear ...................

Re Intention to leave (insert date)

In accordance with the terms of my written contract, I hereby give you ....... weeks/months notice of my intention to leave. My last day will be ...........

I have decided to improve my skills in .... area and have decided to return to study. I have accepted a college/university place due to start in (insert date). While I realise this may cause some short-term disruption to your organisation, I do feel that the new skills and qualifications could be very beneficial to you and would like you to consider rehiring me after I have completed my course.

It has been a pleasure working for you and my return to study could be very good for both of us in the long term. In the meantime, be assured I will do my best to ensure my duties and responsibilities are covered before I leave.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to be a part of your team and wish you and your colleagues all the very best for the future.

Yours sincerely
................... (full name)
(Post title)

No comments: